Samstag, 22. September 2012

Harry Potter - book 1

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As it came out I felt too old for this. I was off to university and reading Shakespeare and Tony Morrison. At least, that's when I became aware the book existed.

Now, 32 years old, I feel to be the right age to pick it up and, not expecting much, I really really liked it. Of course I had the images of the movie stuck in my head (I actually watched the first one, but it didn't catch my interest) but that's not so bad. I now understand how generations even want to live in this world, pick houses to belong to. It is a warm and fuzzy story despite it being not about happy things all the time.

Now I need to get my hands on the next book (I'm lacking 3, the others I bought for 1 Euro on flea markets). And, believe it or not, I am completely unspoiled for what happens next. (I think I have watched the movie with David Tennant in it...but I might have skipped to his scenes...despite the awesomeness of the cast...maybe I'll watch the movies after I read the books).

Okay, off to hunt for book 2.

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen