Mittwoch, 29. August 2012

Haruki Murakami: 1Q84

1Q84 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Especially book three took forever to finish. I was not enjoying Ushikawa, it felt as if it was a recap for everyone who didn't read the books in one go. I skipped a lot of those chapters.

I enjoyed a lot of it. I loved the metafiction, really enjoyed Aomame (especially in book 1) and Haruki Murakami again managed to pull of a magical realism (I wonder if there will be one character who'll shake his head and declare the other person mad, but they always seem to accept whatever is thrown their way. Remarkable, really).

In the end I wished that the storyline of the Little People would have been explored more and less the love story. I felt Aomame lost some of her self-sufficiency (whatever you may call it).

But still, worth a read and I enjoyed myself a lot. I simply struggled with book 3 and longingly stared at the books on my to-read-shelf. Maybe I'm just impatient. :-)

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen