Samstag, 7. April 2012

Jack Kerouac: On The Road

On the RoadOn the Road by Jack Kerouac
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Giving it 2 starts because 1,5 aren't available.

I planned to read this some day, but read it now because I wanted to finish it before the movie comes out (I prefer reading the books before watching the movies). I wanted to read Old Bull Lee before I'll see him portrayed by my beloved Viggo Mortensen and I can only say, that he will nail this performance. Old Bull Lee is perfect for Viggo, his description is Viggo (soft voice included). So, I was pleased with that.

The narrative started out very exciting and I happily sped along with the characters. And then I wanted to introduce Dean to a good therapist. And then I was annoyed because one road trip was like the other and I think, I got it from the first and I didn't need three more, especially that last one to Mexico which annoyed me because the book just wouldn't end.

So...yeah. Well. I don't think I'll watch the movie when it comes out but rent the Blu-Ray, no mater how much I cannot wait to see Viggos performance. The story as such just is not one that I'll go through again.


View all my reviews

Here is the trailer, if you're interested. It stars, next to Viggo Mortensen, Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst and some other people:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen