Mittwoch, 21. März 2012

Jasper Fforde: The Eyre Affair

Have a book review: The Eyre AffairThe Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

It was okay. It didn't hurt reading but it'll never be one of those books that I'll pick up again. I didn't even laugh. It was supposed to be funny. But the narrator confused me (by switching from I to omniscient frequently) and I thought that whole drama between the female protagonist and Landon was way too cliche for me. Also, less would have been more for me regarding the chrono guard and the vampires and the literature aspect and.... The dodo (Pickwick?) was fun though. Him I immediately liked. But otherwise... Spike the Vampire who slays Vampires, well.. d'uh. And that Thursday immediately tells the receptionist her love-story (or lack thereof) and then calls her friend.. who does that?
Anyway. It was okay. I'm moving on.

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen