Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012

George R.R.Martin: A Dance with Dragons

A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

He did it again. Not telling you to whom because of spoilers but he did it and I am not forgiving him for it.

The best parts were those with the dragons. These were awesome because stuff happened rather thank all the scheming and plotting. Plus dragons: always a good thing to have.

I still think that book 4 wasn't really necessary, e.g. Brienne story could have been completely left out and just told by her in this book (or the next), because she will do it anyway as sort of exposition/recapture for all the readers who don't remember.

Otherwise, the beginning I though was slow progress. As I expected it would be because I've been there in book 4. But then it got more interesting. It is still a bit too slow-paced for me and sometimes I get confused with the chapter titles because each person often gets assigned more than one attribute (other than their names as it used to be in book 1 etc).

View all my reviews

1 Kommentar: