Sonntag, 13. November 2011

Nanowrimo: Week 2 or My novel and I get a divorce



21368 / 50000 words. 43% done!

 This is where I'm at. So far so good. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped because my novel decided that it didn't like me anymore. Or was it the other way around?

I told it to shut up, because, look, I have a structure. I have a plan. The novel kept ducking the plan. And it always thought it should be narrated in the past tense. Which is a wonderful idea, in the beginning but not half-way through. So I was busy re-writing paragraphs or I would have written the rest in the past and completely confused myself. I want the present tense, you stubborn thing.

I plan to write a lot today. I always plan that. And then things happen. Yesterday, for  instance, I went horseback riding. And now I am immobile from the hip down because my legs are numb and my butt hurts. The things I do.

Today's novel quote: 
Did I mention that I fell on a Dragon once? Big fella. Lots of teeth. Bad breath.”

And that Dragon will re-appear. (So far, no Vampires though. Thank God I had them last year. I'll focus on the Dragon this year. When in doubt... add something big you can describe elaborately.. I think...)


Today I will totally write. Or I might go to the stable and then I might edit some photos because I have collected a wonderful film with black and white photographs that just make me happy.

And of course, I have to play with the cats. Actually, I should do that right now.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen