Montag, 10. Oktober 2011

George R.R. Martin: A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I tried watching the TV show and for some reason I didn't bother (which is weord because it has everything I love in TV shows except maybe an abundance of hmor).

I gave the books a try though because people who have a wonderful taste when it come to literature recommended them to me.

And I loved it. It's quite amazing how many details there are and how real this world it. The characters are interesting as is the plot (I even managed to keep up with the different names and so forth, which is usually my weak point).

I cannot forgive some of the characters short lifespan but in the end, it makes the plot even more realistic. When nobody is save to survive the story, it is even more exciting.

Off to the next one now.

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen