Dienstag, 27. September 2011

Naomi Novik: Tongues of Serpents

Tongues of Serpents (Temeraire, #6)Tongues of Serpents by Naomi Novik
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This one was imho the weakest of the series so far. It still entertained me but I was unhappy with the following:



- Temeraire and Iskierka did not have an egg. I want them to have an egg. I think it would be a splendid egg and I'd love to see them quarrel over its education.

- Australia. I don't know why I seem to find stories set in Australia not as catching (see e.g. that one Discworld novel). I know so many wonderful Australians and I want to travel there asap but somehow, with stories, I just don't get hooked.

- I wished Laurence and Temeraire went with Iskierka to America. I was just as disappointed as Temeraire. The Australians can have one revolution after the other for all I care, I'm not really interested. The best part was the part on that port, near the end of the story.


However, I like Emily. She kicks ass. And I'm interested to see what'll happen to Kulingile. Also I love how that world gets more flashed out and real. As do the characters.

So I am impatiently awaiting the next installment in the hopes of them going away to America.

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen