Donnerstag, 15. September 2011

Naomi Novik: Empire of Ivory

Empire of Ivory (Temeraire, #4)Empire of Ivory by Naomi Novik
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Despite the fact that the ending felt like a completely different story (I would have left off at them deciding to do what they do in the end), it made me teary-eyed. I also think that it is the darkest of the books so far, the themes and trials are not as 'light-hearted' (for lack of a better word) than the previous (those being mainly journeys).

I like the undercurrent topics, or rather the recurrent ones, of (I think I have said so before) humanity and tolerance and of course respect and honor and so forth. Also of, in a way, feminism. Also, the characters have really grown on me.

Anyway. Starting with the next book right away.

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen