Freitag, 26. August 2011

Naomi Novik: His Majesty's Dragon

His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1)His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I love this. At first I it really reminded me of "How to Train your Dragon" but then, the whole Man-meets-dragon-and-forms-bond-for-life Story isn't really new. That is was set in the past of Britain/Europe I didn't like at first but I was quickly won over.

It might be that I am a horse-person, but I immediately took to Temeraire and the other dragons. I want one. It's like a horse but cooler. *lol*

I am also not ashamed to admit I was moved to tears by the end of chapter 1. This happened only on rare occasions before, such as TLOTR. Levitus broke my heart (naturally I wanted to adopt him too).

I have ordered the next 2 books and don't know whether I should wait for them to arrive to continue reading the series or read something in between. Mh.

Anyway, I read it in 3 days, it has 350 pages. This is extremely fast for me and I haven't dug into a novel as happily as I have with this one. I'd like to add more stars now please.



View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen