Sonntag, 21. August 2011

Agatha Christie: The Man in The Brown Suit

The Man in the Brown Suit (Agatha Christie Collection)The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I don't like to read crime novels because the only thing interesting to me is the beginning and then the end. The middle part is just in the way. I don't try to figure out who did it while reading. I just wanna be told already.

That out of the way, the novel is my first Agatha Christie read. I bought it for 80c in a sale. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought one ever. I have seen a lot of the movies and enjoyed them a lot.

And now I can happily add, that I might just pick up some of her other books. Because I really enjoyed myself. I quite liked the heroine, even though she is a bit dated in certain characteristics (love, marriage, men-women), but in others she is quite modern and I liked that. I also loved Sir Eustace and his sense of humor.

I didn't much care for the love story because it didn't feel real to me. But I also don't like e.g. "Gone with the Wind" because it is just too much. So that might be just me.

It is also an easy and quick read, I think. And entertaining without forcing you to think much (but you could, if you tried to solve the murder.. which I didn't do.).



View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen