Dienstag, 26. April 2011

Terry Pratchett: Wyrd Sisters

Wyrd Sisters (Discworld, #6)Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


First: Whenever there is a cat involved, Pratchett is at his best. I laughed so hard at the scenes that featured Greebo. I love him.

Second: You have to be a genius to write a story whose plot is an insane mixture of (at least) Macbeth and Hamlet with some Henry 5 and some sonnets thrown in for good measure and not betray your own style of the Discworld novels. Add to that the metafiction of a dwarf as a stand in for the Bard who is writing and staging those plays (and some more such as... no I'll leave you to play 'spot the play') that are referenced in and the basis of the novel and you have a very happy reader in me.

I was a bit disappointed in The Last Continent and I thought I'd miss Rincewind, but I didn't. I love Granny and Nanny. I'm looking forward to the next one.



View all my reviews

1 Kommentar:

  1. Huh, bisher hab ich mich immer irgendwie erfolgreich um Pratchett-Bücher herumdrücken können. Ich weiß nicht, für mich lesen und loben den einfach zu viele und mit dieser Art humoristischer Fantasy kann ich im Allgemeinen nichts anfangen (zumindest konnte ich das bei Walter Moers nicht. Da bin ich allerdings auch nie weit gekommen.) Korrigier mich bitte, wenn ich hier totale Vorurteile hab... :)

    Liebe Grüße von der Winterzwiebel~

    AntwortenLöschen