Montag, 11. Oktober 2010

Nanowrimo 2010


And so it begins again. I had an i dea and a cover but already discarded both. I am undecided on the language but experience shows that I can finish novels in English. The German one is even more unfinished than  the others. But I like the German one (and one day I will finish it. I so will. I will finish every started thing.)

Are you participating? Do you have a blog? What are you writing about?



Der Wahnsinn beginnt von Neuem. Ich hahatte zwischendurch mal ein Cover und eine Idee, was ich aber beides wieder verworfen habe. Ich hadere noch mit mir, ob ich auf Englisch oder Deutsch schreiben soll, weil ich Englische Entwürfe irgendwie leichter fertigstellen kann als Deutsche. Oder überhaupt. 

Macht ihr auch mit? Worüber schreibt ihr?


P.S. This post serves as a preliminary warning that in November all will be different. Less photos and more words. And more insanity. Probably.


Also:
The Hunchback of Notre-DameThe Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked the bits between Quasimodo and Esmeralda, even though i think she is a little brat. There was no character, except Djali and Quasimodo that I liked. Which was probably the intention if the metacontent is that one should not judge a book by its cover and so forth. But if that is all the novel is about, I've read novels that got the point across in a more interesting way. I thought that long passages of the novel could have been edited out (really not that interested in the use of architecture or kings and so forth) and that there should have been more focus on Quasimodo. After all he is on the title.

But all in all it was a nice read but it took me really long.



View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen